Looking for advice on selling your home? You’ve come to the right place.
Once you’ve made the decision to sell your property, there are some important factors you need to be aware of. Here at Rent 1 Sale 1 Realty, we are able to provide you with the necessary information to make the process of selling your home a most pleasurable experience.
Hire a professional sales associate.
Selling a home takes a lot of hard work and knowledge. By working with a realtor, you are able to take advantage of the services of an experienced professional with advanced training in real estate sales, and who is competent, efficient and ethical. You’ll want to hire an associate who is knowledgeable about your neighborhood and properties for sale in it. All Rent 1 Sale 1 Realty associates are highly skilled and motivated to sell your home. They are dedicated to providing you with the most comprehensive marketing program and possess a sincere desire get your home sold quickly for the highest dollar amount possible.
Rent 1 Sale 1 Realty associates can assist you in the following areas:
- Price your home accurately by providing you with an up-to-date Comparable Market Analysis report. Report will include current homes for sale, homes recently sold, as well as comparable facts and statistics.
- Advertise your home in the most visible outlets in your area
- Hold open houses
- Access out-of-town buyers through national internet marketing strategies
- Suggest easy ways to make your home more attractive to potential buyers
- Explore alternative financing methods that can help relieve a potential buyer’s financing concerns
- Scan the Multiple Listing Service to locate active buyers and put thousands of additional realtors to work for you
- Act as a third-party negotiator between you and the buyer, making sure the selling price and the buying price are optimal for both parties
- Screen prospects so you don’t have to expose your family to any stranger that knocks in your door
Price your home to sell
Your Rent 1 Sale 1 Realty associate can assist you in placing a realistic price on your property. By placing a realistic price and then customizing a sales and marketing program to target potential buyers will help to ensure maximum exposure to your property.
An effective marketing plan should distinguish your home in the marketplace and should include newspaper, internet, open houses, signs, mls, etc. A Rent 1 Sale 1 Realty associate will be glad to customize a marketing system and create a personalized selling program for you.
Multiple Listing Service
The Multiple Listing Service is a service offered exclusively to realtors. It’s another way to help ensure that your property will dramatically increase it’s exposure in the marketplace. By listing your property on the MLS, your Rent 1 Sale 1 Realty associate can dramatically increase its exposure and enlist the efforts of all local realtors.
Curb appeal means everything that a prospective buyer can see from the street. Curb appeal is critical in generating traffic. You’ll want to remember that a prospective buyer’s first impression comes from what they see from the outside. Some suggestions to create curb appeal.
- Manicure lawn and shrubbery
- Clean driveway and street in front of home
- Clear off any walkways
- Clean out flowerbeds
- Trim trees
- Clean Windows
- Clean roof
- Enhance entrance to home with a newly painted door, updated hardware and outdoor lighting
- Add potted plants to the entrance or landscaping if necessary
- Paint exterior of home if needed
- Seal driveways
Prepare home to show
First you want to make your home look as clean and spacious as possible so get rid of as much clutter as you can. You may want to have a garage sale, rent a storage unit if necessary or call your favorite charity. Remove things from countertops in kitchens and bathrooms. Pack up any collections, photos and knick-knacks. If you have pets make sure that you secure them and keep them from under foot. Remember you want to make it easy for prospective buyers to imagine your house as their home, so give them room to dream.
After you have done the initial cleaning, try to correct any cosmetic flaws. Paint interior walls if needed, re-grout tile walls and floors, clean, remove or replace any worn-out carpeting, update faucets in kitchen and bathrooms, replace dated light fixtures and add new handles or knobs to your kitchen drawers and cabinets.
Another way your Rent 1 Sale 1 Realty associate can expose your property is by holding an open house, thus creating maximum visibility in the neighborhood. An open house allows an opportunity for prospective buyers to browse and view your property freely, in a low-pressure atmosphere. You want prospective buyers to feel relaxed, giving them enough time to picture and place themselves in the property.
People often feel uncomfortable taking their time, speaking openly and asking questions in front of the current owners. You want them to feel free to ask questions or address any concerns. Since your Rent 1 Sale 1 Realty associate knows buyers and what they want and don’t want, you’ll want to trust them to be your guide during an open house; therefore you definitely want to make arrangements not to be home during times the home is being shown.
When an offer is presented, you have the option to accept it, reject it, or counter it. One of the best reasons to hire a real estate associate is that an associate is trained in the negotiation process. Your Rent 1 Sale 1 Realty associate will be able to make suggestions and advise you on the best way for you to proceed.